Biomass Processing Unit
Clean & efficient biomass processing
Our fully automated biomass processing systems are portable and highly scalable
Our mission is to help do our part to change the world by cleanly and efficiently processing biomass, sequestering carbon, creating clean energy, improving crop yields, and decreasing crop water utilization.
The Ag Energy Biomass Processing Unit (BPU):
- Cleanly eliminates ag (biomass) waste
- Designed for high silica field residue to produce unique biochar derived from crop residue
- Controlled parameters to get consistent product every time
- Deployable, portable and scalable to meet demand
- Fully autonomous, continuous feed gasification system
- Eliminates waste and produces clean, renewable energy
- Designed for high volume manufacturing
- Three US patents
Ag Energy’s core technology combines time-proven gasification technologies with modern automated control systems to convert agricultural waste into a valuable carbonous material and syngas. Ag Energy’s fully automated and movable gasifier can process many dry, homogeneous, cellulosic biomasses. The technology is a ruggedized and portable system manufactured in Spokane, WA. It is designed for flexibility and housed in a 20’ shipping container that can be easily located.
Depending on the customer’s application, it is installed alongside various input and output modules. The input modules are determined by the type of biomass that is being converted while the output module is determined by the economic value of syngas and carbonous material. The currently configured installation pairs the gasifier with a Meyer feed wagon, modified to provide continuous supply of feedstock to the gasifier for the primary purpose of producing a commercial soil amendment. Additional modules such as shredders and dryers may be required to process grass straws, woody biomass, animal waste, nut shells, grape pomace, and other agricultural waste streams.
- Remote operation via cellular network
- Continuous monitoring of process temperatures, pressures, and flow rates
- Fault detection and mitigation
- Automated Shutdown
- Fully ruggedized, mounted in a 20’ shipping container
- Movable from four standard lift and four standard jack points
- Customizable to each user’s unique biomass waste and energy needs
- Continuous feedstock supply to provide up to 4 days unattended operation
- Automated biochar offloading for storage
- Standard connections to make installation simple
Ag Energy’s fully automated and portable IBP can process any dry, homogenous, cellulosic biomass.
Syngas is a blend of combustible gases that can be used as a fuel or further refined to create pure hydrogen.
Ag Energy biochar is a high-quality activated charcoal which yields significant benefits to crops.